Online AGM – 24 September
The Friday Folk Annual General Meeting will take place via Zoom on Friday 24 September 2021 at 20:00. More details here.
Friday Folk club nights resume
We are pleased to announce that club nights resumed on Friday 3 September 2021. Dancing is from 19:45 at the Church Hall, Marlborough Road, St Albans, AL1 3XG. The programme is available here.
To protect the safety of those attending, the following precautions will apply.
- You must not attend if you have any symptoms that could indicate Covid or you have been told to isolate. We recommend that everyone takes a lateral flow test before attending.
- There will be additional ventilation and cleaning in the hall.
- Dances will be from the standard repertoire and may involve contact with other people such as turns and swings. Participants should decide for themselves whether to take part and how to deal with interactions.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided. Please use it frequently. Avoid touching your mouth and nose.
- There will be no interval drinks provided. Please bring your own refreshments.
We hope you will be able to join us as we return to real-life dancing.
About Friday Folk
Friday Folk is a social dance club which meets at The Church Hall, Marlborough Road, St Albans, AL1 3XG, UK, on most Friday evenings from 7:45 to 10:00 pm. If you’ve ever been to a barn dance or a ceilidh, you’ll know the sort of thing we do. We dance for our own enjoyment – sometimes to live music and sometimes to recordings.
Normally we do traditional English dances, but sometimes try other dance styles as well. The atmosphere is always friendly and informal. There are also non-dancing social events such as walks and theatre trips.
New members are always welcome, especially beginners. There’s no need to book. Just turn up – on your own or with a partner – and enjoy yourself. We have a caller to explain the dances, so you can join in straight away.